Located in the Tampa Bay area, directly on the Gulf of Mexico, just south of Clearwater Beach, Belleair Beach is one of the northernmost cities on the Pinellas County Beach Area. This spectacular island community is home to approximately 2,100 residents, pure white sandy beaches and breathtaking sunsets.
Incorporated in 1950, Belleair was built with a “dredge and fill” operation creating fingers of land reaching into the Intracoastal Waterway and was originally considered a “second home” destination.
Today, it is a quiet Tampa Bay bedroom community of single-family homes and condominiums built on a two-mile stretch of sparkling beach in close proximity to the Tampa Bay and St. Petersburg metropolitan areas and many popular Florida attractions. By law, there is no commercial property in Belleair. The third smallest community in Pinellas County, Belleair Bluffs, is three-quarter of a mile square bordering the Intracoastal Waterway with no frontage on the Gulf.
Nestled between Largo and Belleair, the city has a population of around 2,200 and a mix of single-family homes for sale , condominiums and apartments. Belleair Bluffs, with its posh boutiques and fine dining, provides shopping and services for residents of the island communities across the Intracoastal.
Belleair Shore is perhaps the smallest town in Florida in both size and population, consisting of approximately 55 private residential homes along the Gulf of Mexico. It is an extremely quaint neighborhood, where every home is located on the gulf front. Belleair Shore joins with the other Gulf Beach municipalities in welcoming visitors and residents alike to the many attractions and beautiful beaches that are available on these barrier islands.Belleair Shore is a community of private homes on the eastern shore of the Gulf of Mexico. The town of Belleair Shore lies four miles directly south of the City of Clearwater Beach and one mile west of the City of Belleair Bluffs.
The Town Government of Belleair Shore consists of a Mayor and four Commissioners who serve two year terms and are elected by the residents of Belleair Shore. The Mayor and Commissioners recognize their responsibility to the founders of Belleair Shore and jealously guard the single family zoning regulations specified in the charter and ordinances. Commercial and multi-family high rise buildings are prohibited and set-back and height limitations are designed to protect the continuity of the area.
The Belleair Shore‘s Governors are committed to maintaining an environment of stability and consistency to enhance the natural beauty and ambiance of Belleair Shores for the continued enjoyment of its residents of Belleair Shore.
The Town of Belleair Shore was established in 1955 along one mile of beachfront consisting of 61 luxury properties between Gulf Boulevard to the East and the Gulf of Mexico to the West. Belleair Shore is bordered on the North by the City of Belleair Beach and on the South by the City of Indian Rocks Beach.
Belleair Shore is a community of private homes on the eastern shore of the Gulf of Mexico. Belleair Shore lies four miles directly south of the City of Clearwater Beach and one mile west of the City of Belleair Bluffs. Numerous entertainment, dining and medical facilities are nearby. Residents of Belleair Shore enjoy an unobstructed view of the western sky from their private beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
Belleair Shore Location and Climate
Summer: High of 90, Low of 76
Winter: High of 71, Low of 55
The temperatures on the beach of Belleair Shore tend to be somewhat warmer in winter and cooler in the summer due to the moderating effect of the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Services for Belleair Shore
• Police protection for the town of Belleair Shore is provided under contract with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Department. This arrangement has worked well due to the minimal amount of enforcement required for Belleair Shore.
• Water and sewer services are also provided by Pinellas County. Unlimited use of reclaimed water for landscaping is being provided for a flat monthly fee of $8 per resident.
• Curbside recycling for Belleair Shore is provided by Waste Services.
• Electric and natural gas service is supplied by Progress Energy and the City of Clearwater respectively.
DINING OUT AROUND BELLEAIR SHORE
There are many things to do in and around Belleair Shore. You may be interested in several of these attractions
BEACH ART CENTER 1515 Bay Palm Boulevard Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
727-596-4331 Fax: 727-596-4331
SUNCOAST SEABIRD SANCTUARY 18328 Gulf Blvd. Indian Shores, FL (727) 391-6211
JOHN’S PASS VILLAGE & BOARDWALK On the Waterfront at Johns Pass Gulf Blvd. North of John’s Pass Madeira Beach, FL
Hospitals/Medical Centers near Belleair Shore:
- MORTON PLANT HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit – Private, provides emergency services, about 2 miles away;CLEARWATER, FL
- LARGO MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 2 miles away; LARGO, FL
- MEASE HOSPITAL DUNEDIN (Acute Care Hospitals, Government – Local, provides emergency services, about 7 miles away; DUNEDIN, FL
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 students nearest to Belleair Shore
- St Petersburg College (about 7 miles; Clearwater, FL; Full-time enrollment: 9,555)
- University of South Florida-St. Petersburg Campus (about 17 miles; St. Petersburg, FL; FT enrollment: 2,227)
- Eckerd College (about 18 miles; Saint Petersburg, FL; FT enrollment: 2,132)
- The University of Tampa (about 22 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 5,429)
- Hillsborough Community College (about 22 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 11,277)
- Pasco-Hernando Community College (about 26 miles; New Port Richey,FL; FT enrollment: 4,159)
- University of South Florida-Main Campus (about 26 miles; Tampa, FL; FT enrollment: 27,329
Private Elementary/Middle Schools Serving Belleair Shore
BELLEAIR MONTESSORI ACADEMY (Students: 52; Location: 905 PONCE DE LEON BLVD; Belleair Grades: PK – 3)
Banks in or Near Belleair Shore
- SunTrust Bank: Belleair Branch at 380 North Indian Rocks Road, branch established on 06/06/1994. Info updated 11/24/2010: Bank assets:$164,556.8 mil, Deposits: $123,435.4 mil, headquarters in Atlanta, GA, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1732total offices, Holding Company: Suntrust Banks, Inc.
- Northern Trust, National Association: Belleair Bluffs Branch at 525 Indian Rocks Road, Belleair Bluffs branch established on 10/01/2001. Info updated 10/30/2006: Bank assets: $11,978.5 mil, Deposits: $9,310.5 mil, headquarters in Miami, FL, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 67 total offices, Holding Company: Northern Trust Corporation
- Regions Bank: Belleair Bluffs Branch at 2845 West Bay Drive, Belleair Bluffs branch established on 10/14/1993. Info updated 02/09/2009:Bank assets: $129,067.7 mil, Deposits: $99,803.3 mil, headquarters inBirmingham, AL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1784 total offices, Holding Company: Regions Financial Corporation
- Wells Fargo Bank, National Association: Belleair Bluffs Branch at 2515 West Bay Drive, Belleair Bluffs branch established on 08/07/1979. Info updated 12/01/2010: Bank assets: $1,070,489.0 mil, Deposits: $811,027.0 mil, headquarters in Sioux Falls, SD, positive income, 6537 total offices, Holding Company: Wells Fargo & Company
- Homebanc National Association: Belleair Branch at 101 North Indian Rocks Road, Belleair branch established on 02/12/2009. Info updated06/04/2010: Bank assets: $31.9 mil, Deposits: $28.3 mil, headquarters inLake Mary, FL, positive income, Mortgage Lending Specialization, 7 total offices, Holding Company: Homebancorp, Inc.
- Old Harbor Bank: Belleair Branch at 715 North Indian Rocks Road, branch established on 10/10/2006. Info updated 11/03/2006: Bank assets: $22.6 mil, Deposits: $21.8 mil, headquarters in Clearwater, FL, negative income in the last year, Commercial Lending Specialization, 8 total offices
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: Belleair Bluffs Branch at 401 North Indian Rocks Road, Belleair Bluffs branch established on 01/24/1995. Info updated 03/29/2010: Bank assets: $151,545.4 mil, Deposits: $105,623.4 mil, headquarters in Winston Salem, NC, positive income, Commercial Lending Specialization, 1795 total offices, Holding Company: Bb&T Corporation
- Bank of America, National Association: Belleair Bluffs Branch at 125 Indian Rocks Road North, branch established on 07/27/1987. Info updated11/18/2009: Bank assets: $1,489,198.0 mil, Deposits: $1,021,724.0 mil, headquarters in Charlotte, NC, positive income, 5991 total offices, Holding Company: Bank Of America Corporation